Looking for a Babysitter?
Register for our Help-at-Home section to find a college or high school student or other individual in your area. You may look through the lists of registered sitters and contact them through the board or post a specific job and let them contact you. Currently, there is no charge for registration. Go to the Help-at-Home Board.
Ready to earn some money babysitting?
Register for our Help-at-Home Board and post your skills or browse through the posted jobs. Get your parent's permission before signing up. Go to the Help-at-Home Board now.
Important Rules for both Families and Sitters:
- You must register to access this section of the site.
- Columbia4Kids.com does not meet or screen parents or sitters. We only provide a place for you to communicate with each other and decide if you want to work together. Please use caution.
- Do not post your e-mail, address, or other info in your public profile. Do not use your real name and do not post a phone number. You may put this information in your profile as long as it is marked as private.
- Do post real information about yourself such as your age, skill level, and experience for sitters and number of children and ages for families. Do post an accurate zip code.
- Do use the private message and e-mail features provided by the Hire-a-Teen area to communicate with prospective employers/sitters. You can place your e-mail address in your profile (private) and allow others to send you e-mail that will be relayed by the Hire-a-Teen Board but not revealed to the sender.
- Do meet before bringing someone into your home or going to someone's home. Meet in a public place and bring another person with you. If possible, do not bring children to the meeting.
- Do use common sense and caution when communicating with someone via the Internet. Limit the amount of personal information you give out until you have met the person for real.
- Do ask for and check references. This goes for families and sitters. Have a list of 3 people willing to vouch for you either through e-mail or by phone.
- Do read our Legal Disclaimer before joining.