Columbia SC Online Community for Families Columbia SC Family Events and Happenings Columbia SC Parks Columbia SC Movie Theaters and Listings Columbia Attractions and Things to Do Columbia SC Family Friendly Restaurants Columbia South Carolina Schools Richland and Lexington County Library Columbia SC Business Directory Columbia SC babysitter resources Columbia Family Newsletter

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Family Pictures
Lisakay77
post Nov 29 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Active Members
User's local time:
Jun 29 2007, 05:32 PM
Member No.: 616
Zip Code: 29033

I wanted to give a rant and a rave. About 3 weeks ago, we scheduled an appointment to have our family picture done at the Wal-Mart on Harbison. Our appointment was at 2:30 (we arrived about 15 minutes early) and the girl didn't say hello and when she did finally speak to us, we were informed that there would be a 2 hour wait. I said no thank you and left. I can understand a 15-30 minute wait, but 2 hours? I then called their so called customer service department to inform them how unprofessional the girl was and they promised to have the district manager call back. Never received the call. I would never recommend going there. However, I would recommend the Sears Portrait Studio on Garner's Ferry. They were very professional and on time. We arrived, signed in, waited, took pictures, view and paid for our portraits all within one hour. It was clean, people were friendly and very helpful. Hope this helps anyone looking to have pictures done.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KarenH
post Nov 29 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #2

Forum Addict

User's local time:
Member No.: 849
Zip Code: 29229

Great pics Lisa!

I have also had similar experiences...had my daughter's pics done at Wal-mart in El Paso last year- they were horrible! Every time I've gone to Sears- anywhere- I have gotten awesome pics and usually free sitting or a free 8x10 or something for being military. (IMG:/forum/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

Karen

+Quote Post
Lisakay77
post Nov 30 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

User's local time:

Karen,
Thanks! I understand, I've never had such a terrible experience as I did that time. The people at Sears were great. Thank you for the comment on the picture, this is an older one from about 3 years ago. I'll put the new up as soon I get them. (IMG:/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
carolinagirl7112
post Nov 30 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #4

User's local time:
Member No.: 622
Zip Code: 29016

The Picture People are wonderful too! I love the fact that the kids are in full body poses and the best thing is that you get your photos in One Hour.

+Quote Post
mlouised
post Nov 30 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
User's local time:
Member No.: 739
Zip Code: 29063

We went to the Wal-Mart in Newberry for our pictures last year. NEVER AGAIN! I will say that everything was fine until we began trying to take the pictures. The girl had no personality, which is not good. Especially when my daughters were 5yr & 1 1/2mon. She did not tell us to lean to one side or the other or tilt your chin or anything. The first few she took were horrible. Finally I got up and fixed my family the way I thought looked good then sat back down and told her to take the picture. I will say that we actually did end up with a few good ones but it was not easy upon my part. I told my husband that I could have set up my tripod & digital camera at our house done as good. Anyway this year we are trying out Sears in Columbiana. I just made the appointment Tuesday and we go in Monday 12/4 at 6pm. So wish me luck, I don't think it could be any worse than last year. Except they will have a 13 month old to keep happy, smiling & not walking/running away.
Louise

This post has been edited by mlouised: Nov 30 2006, 01:28 PM

+Quote Post
foster2adopt
post Nov 30 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #6

My 3 favorite guys

User's local time:
Member No.: 422
Zip Code: 29223

I would also recommend Portrait Innovations at Village at Sandhills. They did my boys' photos last year and they were wonderful. The photographer and her assistant were great at keeping the boys interested in what was going on and that is a major task dealing with 2 and 3 year olds. The pictures were fantastic and really captured the boys' personalities.

+Quote Post
sahmof1
post Nov 30 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #7

Forum Addict

User's local time:
Member No.: 562
Zip Code: 29075

I use Sear's for our pictures. We are going Saturday morning for ours so keep your fingers crossed. I was going to use walmart at one time now I'm glad I did'nt.

+Quote Post
Lisakay77
post Dec 1 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

User's local time:

I will definitely have to look into some of the recommendations the next time we have to have pictures done. I hope all of you who have upcoming appointments to have pictures done has a pleasant experience.

+Quote Post
sahmof1
post Dec 1 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #9

Forum Addict

User's local time:

Lisa,
How long did it take to get your pictures back from sears?

+Quote Post
Lisakay77
post Dec 1 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

User's local time:

Well, we just had them done Sunday, but she said they will be back by the 6th. Also, you can access them online and share with family and friends by emailing them. It's really been a pleasant exprience with thme.

+Quote Post
foster2adopt
post Dec 3 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #11

My 3 favorite guys

User's local time:
Member No.: 422
Zip Code: 29223

One thing that I really liked about Portrait Innovations was that you have your photos in about 1 hour! That's especially great for people like me who procrastinate about sending birthday and holiday photos to family.

+Quote Post
sahmof1
post Dec 3 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #12

Forum Addict

User's local time:

Well we went to sears and got pictures taken Saturday. I was about to faint when I walked in and saw all of the other people sitting there.I was told they were running over an hour behind. Another was complaining to a manager at the time so I was listing to what she was saying. They said they run on baby time and sometimes it takes longer to get the right picture and because it was also Christmas. I am wondering why they book appointments that close together in the first place. our appointment was at 10:45 and we did not get out of there until 1:15. That messed the whole thing up being I had scheduled the appointment for that time in the morning because I knew my son would be in a good mood. Well By the time we got called back after 12 my son was sleepy and hungry and was ready to go home. We got a half decent picture as my son did not want to sit down by this time. This may be the last time for christmas photo's for me.

+Quote Post
Lisakay77
post Dec 4 2006, 09:02 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

User's local time:

Sahmof1....so sorry to hear that. I think holidays just make it a terrible time to get pictures done at all.

+Quote Post
daymarie
post Feb 14 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #14

User's local time:
Member No.: 1,247
Zip Code: 29229

I too have had a wonderful experience at Portrait Innovations at Village at Sandhills. They were absolutely wonderful, and we got the pictures in about an hour and they were the best pictures I have ever had done with my family. And we had gotten a package deal that they always run and for about $10 we got a ton of pictures. Wonderful and LOVED them!!!!

+Quote Post
Columbia4Kids
post Feb 15 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #15

Administrator

Group: Admin
User's local time:
No Information
Member No.: 1
Zip Code: 29063

Grookett Photography in Richland Mall has photo sessions with live baby bunnies! Can you imagine? How cute. You can also schedule pictures to be taken at Party Animals with their live bunnies.

+Quote Post
KixPix
post Apr 17 2007, 02:34 AM
Post #16

User's local time:
Member No.: 1,352
Zip Code: 29172

I did portraits with live bunnies this year too. It was a load of fun.

Being a professional photographer, I find this thread very interesting. I'm not trying to put any place down by any means. To each his own, right? What's interesting is these responses are what we hear on a daily basis with new clients. Long lines, not enough time spent with the kids...and so forth.

I guess it's just interesting to me to see it voiced here such as this.

Just giving my two cents. It's late and I'm allowed to ramble.

+Quote Post
sahmof1
post Apr 30 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #17

Forum Addict

User's local time:

hi everybody,
I just tried my luck at the walmart in Newberrry for my little buddies picture. We got really good ones. The lady was very nice and patient. I was a little worried from reading thte posts but tried my luck.It turned out not to be so bad after all. Now we will wait on the pictures and see how this story ends.

+Quote Post
frogschick
post May 3 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #18

User's local time:
Member No.: 36
Zip Code: 29072

We had a terrible experience with the Photo Studio at Walmart when my son was an infant, and we will never again go back! We have had his pictures and our family portrait done at the Picture People at Columbiana Centre recently, and they all turned out great! The staff at the Pictue People are wonderful with young children, and they have the cutest props! The pictures are very expensive, but you can register on their website to have coupons mailed to you throughout the year.
http://www.picturepeople.com/

+Quote Post
Rachel
post May 12 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #19

User's local time:
Member No.: 895
Zip Code: 29201

I've been to the Walmart on Harbison and had the same experience. They are terrible! It's a wonder they get any business in the first place. I'd recommend the Picture People. They're a little more expensive, but much better in the customer service area!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

About Columbia 4 Kids .com Advertise to Columbia SC Families Contact Us at Columbia 4 Kids Columbia SC Kids Site Terms of Use Link to Columbia4Kids Columbia SC Family Advertisers Work with Us- Columbia 4 kids
Help Us Keep Columbia4Kids up to date! Please email us with corrections or add missing events to the Event Calendar. We make every effort to keep the information on this site up to date and accurate, but you should always call to confirm information found on Columbia4kids.com.

Please DO NOT contact us for reservations, park permissions, or more detailed information than is listed here- contact the business, park, or event directly. We cannot respond to requests for more information other than to direct you to the information already posted. You are welcome to post requests for more information on the forum.
Click Here to View all Columbia Area Events
Click Here to Add Your Event
- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2007 - 04:32 PM