Columbia's Parent Resource  
Columbia SC Family Events and Happenings Columbia SC Movie Theaters and Listings Columbia SC Family Friendly Restaurants Columbia SC Business Directory Columbia SC babysitter resources

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Will Your Child Be?, Halloween
· [ ] ·
Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic
ImagineThat
post Oct 7 2005, 11:28 PM
Post #1

Forum Addict

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 408
Zip Code: 29223

My daughter bought the cutest duck costume that I think I've ever seen for our granddaughter! I can hardly wait to see her in it! :banana: Her favorite animal right now is a duck and she loves to say, "ack, ack, ack". LOL!

(IMG:https://people.delphiforums.com/sunshine210/Quack.gif)
User is offlinePMMini Profile
Quote Post
BayBeeLuv
post Oct 8 2005, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Forum Addict

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 320

I am dressing up as Winnie the Pooh and my 2 year is being a Hunny Pot and my 5 month old is a Flower! :flowers: I'm still trying to convince my Hubby to be Eeyore!!! :goodjob:
User is offlinePMMini ProfileEmail Poster
Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 8 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 152
Zip Code: 29063

Train conductor. Got the hat, whistle and all!
Quote Post
Columbia4Kids
post Oct 9 2005, 09:53 AM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The boys are fighting over who "gets" to be Harry Potter... for the third year in a row!

My daughter changes her mind with every new costume we see. Kroger has some REALLY adorable costumes on racks in the main aisle.. there is a unicorn outfit that is too cute where the child's back legs are the horse's legs and it looks like they are riding the horse. We may get that one.

Of course, I never pay full price if I don't have to... ;)
Quote Post
ImagineThat
post Oct 10 2005, 07:35 AM
Post #5

Forum Addict

Columbia4Kids, how do you resolve the Harry Potter debate between the boys?

I hope we get some pictures from everyone to share here! The costumes sound so adorable...unicorn, Pooh, honey pot, flower, train conductor...can't wait to hear what the other kids will be wearing!

(IMG:https://people.delphiforums.com/Sunshine210/Candy_corn_2.gif)
Quote Post
Columbia4Kids
post Oct 10 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #6

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I bought the most adorable Mike and Sully costumes a few years ago (from Monsters, Inc) but the boys wouldn't wear them. They are big and a little scary.

When I got all the Halloween stuff down yesterday, they put 'em on and didn't want to take them off. We went out to eat and my daughter insisted on wearing her Tigger outfit to O'Charleys. (Gotta love the 2 kids eat free for each adult thing at O'Charley's.)

She got lots of smiles and laughs, and refused to take it off even though it HAD to be hot in there. The only part of her showing was her little face.

I have pictures I'll upload later. :D
Quote Post
ImagineThat
post Oct 10 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #7

Forum Addict

Columbia4kids, can't wait to see those pics! :clapping: LOL!

Young kids really have strong opinions about what they like and dislike and they aren't afraid to let people know it. Gotta love that! :goodjob: I hate to see kids grow up and become afraid of saying much of anything because they fear they won't be accepted by friends or family. Gotta wonder what happens that some kids turn out that way and others are self-assured and comfortable being themselves.

Columbia4kids, sounds like your children are very sure of who they are in their world. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
Quote Post
bellesandbeaus
post Oct 11 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47
Zip Code: 29073

We just decided on costumes for Halloween. My 8 year old son is going to be a Carolina football player and my 6 year old daughter is going to be a Carolina Cheerleader :cheer: . We are looking for a jersey for my son now. Anyone know where to get one at a good price? I saw 1 at Wal-Mart the other day for $21, but it was not his size. He needs an 8/10. Thanks!
Quote Post
BayBeeLuv
post Oct 11 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #9

Forum Addict

Member No.: 320

They have cute little jerseys and cheerleading outfits at the Columbiana Mall, but not in any particular store.. they're infront of the food court at the individual little stands.
Quote Post
foster2adopt
post Oct 11 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 422

Both of our boys are going to be Thomas the Tank Engine this year. I tried to get one of them to be something different but once they saw the costumes it was all over.
Quote Post
cdl05
post Oct 11 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 284
Zip Code: 29229

My 5-year old wants to be a vampire. Funny for a child whose in the process of loosing his baby teeth. :lol:
Quote Post
ImagineThat
post Oct 13 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #12

Forum Addict

:hi: bellesandbeaus, "Go Gamecocks!" :cheer: Piggly Wiggly had some Gamecock shirts. This was the Piggly Wiggly on Forest Drive close to Cardinal Newman High School.

:hi: foster2adopt, got to admire decisiveness. I bet there are a lot of moms who wish their kids could stick with a costume decision. :huh: :wacko:

:hi: cdl05, BIG grin! LOL! :bat: :lol:
Quote Post
melnic1217
post Oct 26 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #13

Group: Members
Member No.: 466

Hi, this is my first post! I bought the cutest dog costume for my 18month old son from ebay for a great price, brand new. He loves our two dogs and is kind of young to know what he likes, so I just went with the dog costume. It's so cute! I can't wait, we didn't really do anything last year for Halloween, so this year I hope all goes well! Happy Halloween!!
Quote Post
wlt1327
post Oct 26 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 447
Zip Code: 29229

Well after lots of debates of all the princesses my daughter chose Cinderella. We go off super cheap though cause my Mother in Law made her costume with some blue satin and I bought the tiara and necklace! A home-made outfit looks so much more original than a store-bought one!
Quote Post
ImagineThat
post Oct 26 2005, 05:35 PM
Post #15

Forum Addict

Wendy, that's great that your mil can sew your daughter's costume! That makes it extra special. :pumpkin:

melnic1217, welcome to the forum! :hi: Is the costume any particular breed of dog? What color is it? Does it have spots? Have you tried the costume on your son yet? My granddaughter just turned 20 months. If she hadn't taken a sudden fancy to ducks, she would probably have been a cat. She has 3 cats at her house. :cat:
Quote Post
« Next Oldest Chit Chat Next Newest »

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

About Columbia 4 Kids .com Advertise to Columbia SC Families Contact Us at Columbia 4 Kids Columbia SC Kids Site Terms of Use Link to Columbia4Kids Columbia SC Family Advertisers Work with Us- Columbia 4 kids
Your Name:
Your E-mail Address:

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 22nd December 2005 - 06:11 AM

Upcoming Featured Events
© Copyright 2002-2005 Columbia4Kids.com All Rights Reserved
Owned and Operated by Right Click Web Consulting